Monday, September 14, 2015

Camping Trip to Walleye...Oh My!

Last week, Nick and I were talking as we got ready for the day.  Nick said, "Did you see the Mays were camping at Walleye?"  I said, "Yes I did!  Are we going to go visit while they're there?"  He said, "How crazy of an idea is this, what if we took the camper out and spent the weekend out there?"  I decided that that sounded like a marvelous idea!  I took Brayden to school, and then I returned home to hurriedly pack up all that we'd need and put clothes on to wash.  Nick and I took the camper out after lunch and got it set up and we returned for dinner.

We spent Friday through Sunday out there.  We did go into town Friday night for the football game and Sunday morning for church, but we had a blast while we were out there.  We were able to have a lot of fun with Greg, Meagan, and Kaylee.  We cooked breakfast for all of us Saturday morning, and Gregg cooked dinner for all of us on Saturday evening.
Umm...who gave him permission to grow up?


Sweet friends!
This sweet boy didn't sleep well Friday night.  I had to drive around Saturday to get him to fall asleep for a nap.  I took him into the camper and laid down with him because I didn't want him to wake up when I laid him down.  We slept for two hours and fifteen minutes!
Bath time with a wonderful view of the lake!
Patiently waiting for lunch to be served on Sunday after church.  Hallelujah for crock pot meals that he didn't have too long to wait.
Nick, Bray, and I enjoyed a swim Sunday afternoon in the cove.  Brayden loved wearing his life jacket and "swimming" back and forth between Nick and I.



And, I can't get these to be in the correct order...
Little man "climbing" the tree next to the camper.
I texted this to my sister and said, "This is not camping."  Oh well, it's fun!
I told Nick we needed to do impromptu camping trips more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment