Monday, May 20, 2013

Winery, Birthday, and Shower...Oh my!!

We started the weekend out by going to the winery with my parents and Sister.  As I said in the last post, they were supposed to come down last weekend, but Sister got sick.  So we rescheduled to this past weekend instead.  We took a few pictures.  This was also my parents' 33rd wedding anniversary.  I pray Nick & I are able to set as good an example of how a marriage is supposed to be for our children as they have for me.  I love y'all!





Saturday, we headed to Longview to celebrate Owen turning 2!  His actual birthday was on Sunday, but his party was Saturday.  He was not too sure about everyone when we first all got there.  He had just woken up from a nap and couldn't figure out why there were so many people in his house.  I had to bribe him to come see me with stickers from the Sesame Street book we got him as one of his presents.  :)  He was sticking close to Oma for a while.  He seemed to have a lot of fun.  I'm glad we were able to be there to celebrate with him.  Tovah asked me to take pictures of the event.  Here are a few of them.


The cutest little girl, Izzy.
Opening his present from us...the riding giraffe, some Elmo pjs, and a Sesame Street book.
Blowing his candle out.
Silly boy didn't want to touch the frosting, so Oma gave him a fork. 
Heading out to see the big present the grandparents and parents got him... What could it be?
A jungle gym/slide!
Uncle Nick trying to get him to come down the slide.
How many adults does it take to get one, 2-year old to come down the slide??
No one will ever know because he wanted to climb the slide!
He was having too much fun.
We went out to eat with Nick's parents, Alan, Tovah, & Owen after the party.  We all went home after that.  Happy birthday little man!

Sunday, Nick & I went to church, then had lunch with two amazing friends, Travis & Kristen.   We just love spending time with them.  After church, I went to Kelly Lindley's bridal shower.  Kelly grew up with Nick, and she was one of the sweetest people when Nick & I started dating.  She was always sure to make me feel included whenever we would all hang out together.  In fact, the weekend after Nick popped the question, we called Kelly to tell her about it before it hit facebook.  I don't remember exactly how we told her, but her response was, "I'm heading to Stephenville!"  She went to TCU in Ft. Worth, so she wasn't too far away.  She came and hung-out with us all night.  She and her man are getting married in June of this year.  Her bridal shower was Sunday, so I went to see her and visit a bit.  It was a beautiful shower, but I didn't get any pictures.  Drat!

This week is going to busy, full of Pilot activities, teaching financial literacy to a group of 2nd graders, and trying to catch up on sleep (even though I've slept plenty, I'm still exhausted).

No comments:

Post a Comment