Monday, June 10, 2013

Memorial Day, Anniversary, and Graduation...Oh My!

Life's been happening the past few weeks.

I taught a group of 2nd graders about financial literacy in May.  This was my second year to teach.  Lots of fun!


We had a great Memorial Day weekend.  We didn't do much on Saturday, which is my kind of day.  Sunday, we had been invited to go out to Lake Cypress by our friends, the Jernigans.  Kristen's parents have a lake house out there, and they were having a get together.  We visited, ate yummy food, and lounged in the lake.  It was such a great day.

We headed down on Memorial Day to NB to eat lots of fried foods!  Mom had a fish fry (plus anything else she could put in the fryer).  Then we spent the afternoon lounging in the backyard visiting and being entertained by the pups.
I felt like it was an episode of Duck Dynasty.  Sister said, "Well, y'all are the Robertsons."  True that.
Mom trying to love on both dogs at the same time.
But both are territorial.
I bought a dresser from a facebook swap shop.  A coworker of mine saw it, knew I was looking for something similar, and called me about it.  It's exactly what I wanted and is going in our bedroom once it has been repainted.  Love it!

I have such a weird dog.  Satchel wanted to come sit with me on the porch swing, BUT he didn't want to touch the grass.  This is a normal occurrence.   This dog literally hates grass.  Yuppie dog.

Our best friends' daughter, Kenlie, had her dance recital.  Kenlie does dance competitions with BCD in Mt. Pleasant.  She's on the "Tiny" team.  We've kept Keyton a time or two during out of town competitions for Casey & Mitchell.  We've never seen Kenlie perform, so we were sure to make it to her final performance of the year on June 1st.  I helped Casey make Kenlie's poster that was hung out in the lobby as everyone entered.  She's already signed up for another year.  GO BCD Tinys!
Keyton and I playing with the camera before it all started. :)




Nick & I celebrated four years of wedded bliss on Thursday, June 6th.  I was surprised to receive the gorgeous flowers!  They smelled sooo good!  Nick & I went to 5D Steakhouse in Avinger for dinner.  I'd never been there before, so we thought we'd give it a go.  It was DELICIOUS, and I'm pretty sure I looked about 7 months pregnant when we walked out of there!  After dinner, we drove around Lake O' the Pines a bit, walked down around the dam, took some fun pictures, and were able to catch the sunset over the lake before heading home.  It was a wonderful evening.  I can't believe we've already been married for four years!  We've done so much with each other in that time including: graduating college, moving half way across the state, bought a home, started a business, got pregnant and miscarried, got pregnant again, and grew closer together the whole way.  I love Nick, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us over the next year.






This past weekend, I attended my youngest cousin's (on my Dad's side) high school graduation.  Go Michaela!  We're very proud of you!

Saturday, Nick & I made a quick trip to Tyler.  He needed to pick up some items for work, and I tagged along.  He also help me pick out a dress for a wedding we're attending this upcoming weekend.  We ate at BJ's Brewhouse which is always yummy.  Nick worked the rest of the day, I cleaned up the house a bit, and we grilled for dinner.

We are now getting ready for three PACKED weeks.  Father's Day is coming up, two weddings to attend, a family reunion, World Changers is coming to Pittsburg, and every day life in between.  I need a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment