Monday, March 4, 2013

Valentine's Day, President's Day, and Parties...Oh MY!

I haven't written in almost a month.  Life happens.

On Valentine's Day, Nick gave me a lovely bouquet of red roses.  They were sitting on my desk when I arrived to work.  So sweet!  I got him tickets to one of our favorite artists.  Ben Rector is having a concert in Dallas March 23rd, and we're going!  Can't wait.  That evening, Nick & I went to eat dinner with the Maybens at Double C Steakhouse in Winsboro.  I believe they need a few more servers on nights like that.  We ended up leaving town later than expected.  Poor Keyton had another trip to the ER.  He fell off the ladder to the trampoline and busted his eye lid open.  Kenlie was more traumatized than Bud.  I guess he's an old pro now.  After staples in December, some Dermabond is nothing.  He was a trooper though.  Once we got to the restaurant, we had to wait about 45 minutes which is to be expected on Valentine's.  But then we didn't get waited on for about 15 minutes, then our food took 30 minutes to get to us.  Everything tasted very good, but it just took a while to get to us.
Pretty flowers from my awesome husband
Poor Bud in the ER.
Nick & I met up with my Sister and the Maybens at Pete's for dinner on Saturday, February 16th.  Sister was coming home from a day spent in Dallas.  She's always up for Pete's, so we all met there.  We finished off the weekend with fishing at Highland with Joe & Melanie on Sunday.

On Monday, February 18th, the bank was closed for President's day.  I got my oil changed and ate lunch with Nick, Melanie & Joe at Green Awning.  Other than that, I spent most of the time lounging around at home.

I had lunch with my Sunday school teacher, Friday, on Thursday the 21st.  We enjoyed a good visit and the food at Laura's Cheesecake.

I had two baby showers to attend on the 23rd but ended up only making it to one.  The McKenzies were showered with lots of goodies.  I know the Kimbros were as well, but I ended up having to help Nick out with some East Texas Proscapes issues on an upcoming job.  Then that evening, we went to eat dinner with the Maybens at Mardi Gras in Mt. Pleasant.  Nick loves having friends that want to go to cajun places because that's always my last choice for food.

I had a hair appointment with Randa last week.  Then Nick & I headed to Longview for the Wee Learn Style Show on Friday night.  This is Owen's daycare, and an annual fundraiser.  Owen was quite handsome in an outfit that his Oma & Joepa got him.  He even wore his fedora with out a fuss.  We all then went to eat at Panda Express after the show.
Waiting for food at Panda.
Selfie shot with Aunt Dede.
I whistled at him, and he mimicked me. :)
Saturday, Nick worked all day in the cold, then we headed to New Boston to celebrate my Momma's birthday.  I had made her strawberry cake, and we got her a new charm and spacer for her Pandora bracelet.  We celebrated by going to eat at Copeland's.  Nick got to eat more cajun which he loved.  We enjoyed getting to visit with them and watch Ranger try to play with Satchel.  Ranger was literally running circles around Satch.  It was pretty funny.
Sister handing out treats.  Look how little Ranger is compared to Satch!
Mom opening presents.

Sister and Ranger.  Aww.
Mom's strawberry cake.
Sunday, we got to spend some time with our nephew.  He stayed Saturday night with Nick's parents.  He came to church to the second service with Melanie.  He was mesmerized by Nick playing the drums.  He barely took his eyes off of him.  He sat in my lap and played with my bulletin most of the service.  Towards the end, he went over to Melanie and kept pointing out her eyes, ears, nose, head, mouth, etc.  He was good though because he whispered everything.  He did a great job in the service.  After church, we all went to eat at Peralta's.  Owen ate a whole cheese quesadilla, some of Uncle Nick's rice, and some chips.  He was full as a tick at the end of the meal.  We took some funny pictures.  He bopped his head on the edge of the table at one point.  He looked up like he was going to cry, and I said, "Bad table!" and swatted the edge of the table where he hit his head.  He grinned, slapped the table too, and (in baby talk), reprimanded the table as well.  He was such a trooper.  Love getting to spend time with him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment