Monday, December 31, 2012

Owen, Birthday Celebrations, and Back-to-Normal...Oh My!

Thursday evening, Nick & I went to Mitchell & Casey's to eat dinner and hang-out.  Bud wanted to show us how he rides on his new four-wheeler.  He kept telling Casey, "I wanna show Nana & Nick how I ride."  Precious!  We got there, and he was all bundled up for the cold weather.  I thought he was absolutely the cutest thing ever!  I just had to get a picture of him. :)


Melanie & Joe are keeping my nephew, Owen, for a few days while his Momma & Daddy get away for a mini vacation.  Melanie, Joe, & Owen came to visit me and go to lunch on Friday.  The kid ate my whole pickle spear.  I think we've made another lover of Pete's and his pizza!
Aunt Dede & Owen at Pete's
Cute little toot in his "Avengers" t-shirt.
 They then came into my office so Owen could see where Aunt Dede works.  I had to get a picture of him in his cute moose hat that Nick & I got him for Christmas.  He loves it!

Friday night, Nick & I went out to eat with lots of our friends for our birthdays.  We got to meet up with old friends we haven't seen in a while either.  My best friend from school, Hannah, now lives in Wyoming, so we don't get to see each other very often.  She was in town visiting her family (my second family growing up), so we wanted to get together.  We originally planned to go eat at Shogun's in Longview, but changed our plans a bit and went to the Shogun's in Tyler so we could visit with the Buller family.  We also got to meet up with a college classmate of mine.  He was in the area and called me on Friday to see what Nick & I were doing for dinner.  I told him we were going out with friends and invited him and a friend he was visiting to join us.  It took a while for the restaurant to seat us.  We had a reservation at 7:30, got there at 7:15, and weren't seated until 8:15.  Oh well, we had a great time and were able to sit and visit for quite a while.  I love all of our friends so much!
From L to R: Jared, Jessica, Mitchell, Casey, Tambri, & Kurt
The birthday couple. :)
Our cook was awesome... and Seth.
My Buller family (and we're going to include the Morse sisters in that description).
I love my Hannah!
You can't take a serious picture with Erin...
Making us laugh...
Seriously now!!!
 Saturday, Nick & I went with his parents, Owen, Aunt Patsy & Uncle Bobby, Tim, Laura, and Aunt Ruth to Country Tavern to celebrate the December and January birthdays.  We had a lot of fun, ate some delicious BBQ and cobbler, then went to McDonald's to visit some more.  Owen had a blast with everyone.  He walked around the restaurant with Uncle Nick, played with the juke box, flirted with some waitresses, and ate lots of pickles, some sausage, cheese, and even some rib meat.  He then played around McD's.  I downloaded the "Gangnam Dancebooth" app.  It's like elf-yourself where you take a picture of yourself, put it on a body, and the body dances.  I took a picture of Owen, and he danced to Gangnam Style.  It was sooo funny how mesmerized he was by it.  He ended up falling asleep in his carseat on the way home.  I so enjoyed getting to visit with the inlaws.  I've definitely been blessed in that department!  I forgot to take pictures.  Whoops.

Sunday, we attended church, ate lunch at Peralta's, then I took a wonderful nap.  Once I finally got up off the couch, Nick & I grocery shopped, Nick made dinner, I took down the Christmas decorations, Nick hung a ceiling fan, I stained a shelf Nick made the day before, and then we went to bed.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get out of bed this morning.  :)  The house is almost back to normal, and a little sad looking as well.  I love Christmas, and our house looks so boring without all of the decorations up.  But it's also nice to have things back in their proper place.  Even Satchel.
Almost there!
We're getting ready to head over to our friend's, the Borums, for some New Year's Eve fun.  We're also going to go to the country club this evening to dance to Koe & the Konvicts.  We shall have a very fun, rocking, New Year's Eve.  Tomorrow is my 25th birthday!  I'm going to be a quarter of a century old.  Oh my goodness.  We're headed to New Boston to celebrate with my family and extended family.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment