Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Here Comes Baby Robertson #2...Oh My!

So, I've failed miserably as a regular blogger, but since I blogged my pregnancy with Brayden, I'd like to try and do the same for baby #2.  It probably won't be as detailed as Bray's, but... Baby #2.  That's just the way it is.  I'm the second in my family, and we don't have as many videos/pictures of me as we do my sister.  We still have A LOT, but there are hours of her laying on the floor.  Not so much of me. :)  That's ok though.

Saturday, June 25, 2016 - 4 weeks 2 days

I took a pregnancy test today while at our hotel on our way home from vacation with my family.  Nick's on his way home from Guatemala tomorrow, he's been on a mission trip.  IT'S POSITIVE!  I want Nick to find out before anyone else, so I've got to keep my mouth shut until then. :)  We're staying at a hotel in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  I took a test last week because I wanted to tell Nick before he went to Guatemala in case I was pregnant, but it was negative.  It was early still, so that didn't surprise me.  I had this sneaking suspicion today, so I took it once we arrived at the hotel.  POSITIVE!  I'm super excited and ready to tell Nick!

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 4 weeks 3 days

I told Nick when I picked him up from the church at midnight.  He said, "No way!"  Then proceeded to realize that when he left for Guatemala, I was not pregnant, and when he returned, I was.  Funny husband.  We're going to tell our parents and siblings early, but we'll wait for my first appointment before announcing it to others.

Sunday, July 3, 2016 - 5 weeks 3 days

We told my parents and sister today!  Nick passed out the goodies he brought from Guatemala to everyone, and when he finished, I said, "We have another surprise, but it won't be here until March."  I forget who figured it out first - my mom or sister, but they were all very excited!  We're telling Nick's parents tomorrow.

Monday, July 4, 2016 - 5 weeks 4 days

Joe & Melanie came over for lunch today.  During our last pregnancy, Nick tried to hint that I was pregnant to some family members by asking if I'd eaten enough for two at dinner that night.  They didn't catch it right away.  Nick decided to try again.  He said the same thing tonight, and Melanie stopped in her tracks and looked up.  Now the parents all know!

Monday, July 25, 2016 - 8 weeks 4 days

Today was my first prenatal appointment.  My MIL normally watches Bray for us, but she's on vacation.  So I asked my good friend, Kelley, if she could keep Brayden for us.  Her son, Malachi, and Bray are good friends and only two months apart.  She already knew I was pregnant (she is too!), so I didn't have to come up with an excuse as to why I needed a sitter.  We got to hear the baby's heart beat and see him/her on the sonogram!  There's only one, and they are perfectly healthy!  Dr. Slovak wanted to joke and say, "Oh look at the second one!", but she knows better than to mess with me like that. Ha! We are so excited to be having another baby.  Doc said the baby was developing perfectly and is right on schedule at eight and a half weeks.  We went ahead and scheduled an appointment for two weeks from now because I'm such a worrier.  I'll have another ultrasound at that time.  In four weeks, we'll do the new blood work test that has replaced the quad screen, and it will tell us the gender of the baby!  We'll find out by the time I'm 14 weeks what we are having.  I'm so excited!
The nurse took video for us during the ultrasound, so these are screenshots from the video.

My sister came tonight and took pictures for us to announce on social media.  They turned out perfect!

So far, my symptoms have been more manageable than with Brayden.  I've only gotten sick once, and my nausea is not constant like with Bray.  I do get nauseous while cooking, but can handle it most days.  I am exhausted, but that's to be expected.  Plus, I'm now on blood pressure medicine.  After my pre-eclampsia with Brayden, my bp never went down.  Looks like I have inherited high bp from my dad's family.  The medicine keeps it kinda low, so I feel like that could also be causing me to be tired.  I'm talking with my doctor next time to ask if what it's been running is normal.


Monday, August 8, 2016 - 10 weeks 4 days


We got to see the sweet baby again today! Thankfully, we used a different ultrasound machine this time, so it's a lot easier to see this go round! The baby looks great and the heartbeat was around 130-ish. In two weeks, I come back just for blood work for the Panorama. This blood work looks for any genetic abnormalities and will tell us the gender! We will know if our baby is a he or she by September 6th! I can't wait.

Yet again, screen shots during a video of the ultrasound.

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 12 weeks 4 days

I did the Panorama blood test today. They gave me a little slip to input into their website to follow the progress of the test. The lady that drew my blood said the results would be back by September 6th. When I put my code in on Natera's website, it said the estimated due date was September 2nd! Can't wait to find out what we're having!

No comments:

Post a Comment