Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pioneer Days, Backpacks, and Bible Studies...Oh My!

What's been happening in my world you ask?

Well, first off, my sister and her friend, Sarah, ran a booth for Pioneer Days in New Boston.  My Sister sold her Hoot & Annie's stuff, and Sarah sold her Etsy things.  I went for moral support, and just to hang out.  I got to see a lot of people from New Boston that I hadn't seen in quite some time.  I also got to visit with my cousin and his wife who were in from Tennessee for a little bit.  Satchel went with me and thoroughly enjoyed being the only dog and the center of attention.  :)  I didn't get any pictures, but I did steal this one from Sister of her merchandise.


Sunday, August 18th, we had dinner at our friends' house the Finks.  I made Mom's homemade mac and cheese, and it was a hit!  I barely had any left over.  We had a great time visiting with everyone and watching the kids run around like crazy.  Didn't get any pictures though. :(

Tuesday, August 20th, I worked with my fellow Pilot members after work to put together 15 backpacks for K-4th grade kids at Annie Sims elementary in Mount Pleasant.  We had a lot of fun followed by pizza. :)


This is my second year to be on the Women's Ministry committee at our church.  This year, we are really taking our time to try and hear what the women of our church want to do and try to make it happen.  One of the things that we're doing for sure is a Wednesday night DVD-based Bible study.  We're starting this Wednesday with a seven-week study.  I'm pretty excited about it.  It's called Stronger by Angela Thomas.  Come if you can!


Melanie & Joe kept our nephew this weekend, so I got a couple of good pictures of him.  He didn't want to ride in Uncle Nick's "scary tractor" (his words, not our's), but he would sit in it. :) He loved playing with all of the toys that Mitchell & Casey gave us.  And he also wanted to see Uncle Nick's drums.





This past Sunday, Nick & I had dinner with the Maybens.  Keyton has found his new hobby...shooting Nerf guns (thanks David Fink).  He was tripping me out Sunday night with no shirt, barefoot, hat sideways, and running around shooting things.  He knows not to shoot mine or Kelley's bellies. :)


This week is already full to the brim.  School started back yesterday which means everything else is starting too.  Wednesday night activities start at church this week.  Thursday, Nick & I are taking maternity pictures with Jessica at Treasured Moments.  Friday is the first home football game of the season.  Nick & I are keeping Joe & Melanie's dogs this weekend because they are headed to Waco for the garage sale at Memaw's house.  I'm going to see my Memaw and some of my Mississippi relatives on Saturday.  And I'm sure we'll work on my nesting list/nursery in there as well.  :)  Glad I have Monday off!

No comments:

Post a Comment