Monday, September 10, 2012

Canton, Dates, and Dinners...Oh MY!

So, I can't blame the Olympics on my lack of blogging for the past three weeks.  What shall I call it this time??  School starting back.  Yeah, that seems like a valid excuse (forget the fact that I have no children, and I'm not a teacher).  Really, the culprit is work.  I'm on the computer all day, and I don't want to get on it again once I get home.  I have to have motivation.  Nick's working late this evening, so I'll blog. :)

Thursday, August 23rd, Nick & I hung-out with one of Nick's best friends, Adam.  He was in for a short break before he had to start back at school, so we were able to go eat with him and visit for an evening.  We told him we were sorry that we are boring, but he said he had a fun time all the same. :)

Friday, August 24th, Nick & I went to Longview and took Alan & Tovah out to eat.  We went to eat at a good Mexican restaurant close to the airport.  I don't remember the name of it, but it was delicious.  We had to share the closed in porch with a raucous group of ladies celebrating someone's birthday, but after they left, we were actually able to talk to each other. :)  We all then headed back to their house, and Nick helped Alan replace a mirror on his car.  All in all, a good night.

Saturday, August 25th, Nick had to work, and I headed to Annona to visit with my family.  My parents and sister met me at my Memaw's house.  Her 91st birthday was that week, so we celebrated with lunch.  Most of the siblings went in together and bought her a new TV.  My Dad and Sister put that together for her before we left.  I then headed back home, and Nick & I went out to dinner to the winery here in Pittsburg with a group of friends.  It was still a little hot, but we enjoyed ourselves. :)

Friday, August 31st, I took the day off and went to Canton with Casey.  We both got very good hauls.  This was my first time to shop on a Friday.  I LOVED it!  There wasn't very many people there and the weather was awesome.  I'll definitely want to shop again on a Friday. Casey and I got to visit a lot, and talked each other into buying things we've had our eyes on for sometime. :)
This is a big crystal with mistletoe on top.  I saw these while we were on vacation last year in Creede.  I didn't want to spend $25 for one, and I've regretted it ever since.  I was super excited to see these at Canton, and was even more excited to see they were only $15!  So, I bought two!  Can't wait to use them this Christmas.
This is going to sound odd, but I've been looking at these for 3 years now.   Casey convinced me to go ahead and get it. :)
I have a watch similar to this that I wear all the time, so I decided to buy another one so I could switch them out.
Fun necklace with different charms to add on.
A cowboy boot planter I got for the front yard.  Nick is going to get a mum to put in it for fall!
Very exciting... a gravy boat. Ha!
Casey got lots of goodies too, but I didn't take any pictures of her things.  That evening, we met up with a group of our friends at Pete's for dinner.  An exhausting but very fun day!
Keyton & Bailey loving on each other at Pete's.
Saturday, September 1st, I got up and did the whole Canton thing all over again except this time with my Mom, Sister, and Satchel.  We had a very good time except it was much hotter than the day before! Satchel loved it.  Sister helped me rig the cart so Satch could ride along inside of it.  :)  I didn't buy anything that day except a rain gauge like the day before that Melanie & Joe wanted.  Sister packed us a chicken salad lunch, and we had a picnic.  It was nice not having to fight the crowds in the food court at the Arbors for food.  We ended up heading home around 2:30.  It just got too hot for us all and too many people.  That evening, Nick & I went out to Lake Bob Sandlin State Park to eat dinner with Nick's parents and some of their friends who were all camping together.  We made hamburgers and got to sit and visit with everyone.  Like I said, it was still very hot!  Had to have fans on to keep us from melting.  But, we had a good time all the same.
Satchel worn out from his day of shopping.
Sunday, September 2nd, I went to Sunday school but skipped "big" church.  I headed to Annona to visit with my aunt, uncle, and cousins from Mississippi who were down for the holiday weekend.  Charly entertained us with cheers.  She is such a diva but oh so cute!  Mady and Ariel would do some cheers for us as well. :)
Everyone visiting.
Me and Miss Charly.
Mady playing in the floor.
That evening, Nick & I headed out to the Mayben's cabin to try and help with the crackling of the cabinets.  Didn't go so well.  We're still trying to figure out how to do it.  But I did get to snuggle with Keyton and eat popcorn before their bed time.  :)
Keyton and I sharing a night time snack.
That cute little face!
Monday, September 3rd, the bank was closed for Labor Day.  And I must admit, I didn't do anything all day other than grocery shop.  It was wonderful!

Wednesday, September 5th, there was a bit of excitement in our family.  Nick & I ate lunch with Nick's cousin, Tim, then the two of them went to a sprinkler repair Nick needed to do.  Nick accidentally cut himself on the pipe cutter on the shin and had to go get stitches.  Thank goodness Tim was with him and was able to get him where he needed to go.  Everything is fine now, but Nick had to take it easy for a few days.  That evening, we started a Bible study at church called "The Explicit Gospel" by Matt Chandler.  We've only done one week, but I'm loving it so far!

Friday, September 7th, Nick & I went out to eat dinner with his parents at 155.  A good night to just visit and eat good food. :)

Saturday, September 8th, Nick & I spent pretty much all day together!  This hasn't happened in a while due to a new business and all that, so this was very fun.  Just to clarify, I'm not complaining about him being busy because that is what we want in a new business.  I slept in (Nick had to work from 8:00-9:30), then we went and had lunch in Longview, shopped a bit, came home and watched a few hours of the NCIS marathon, then decided to go to the winery at 8:00pm.  There is a dessert there that Nick really wanted. :)  We had a great day just being with each other.

Sunday, September 9th, I made a wreath to hang on our front door during Halloween.  I've seen lots of tutorials on Pinterest and decided to take a stab at it.  I think I did fairly good.  The blog where I got the information was Mardi Gras Outlet.  I got all the material at Hobby Lobby.  The site she mentions is much cheaper.

Yesterday evening, We had the Mayben's and the Fink's (minus one) over for dinner.  We all brought our own steaks, Nick grilled, and I made some baked potatoes and corn on the cob.  We had lots of fun and were able to sit on the back porch to enjoy this nice weather.  We, of course, played Just Dance 3, as per Kenlie's request.  Keyton & Bailey played with Keyton's "aminals" on the back porch, and we all were able to visit.  Such good memories with great friends!  We must do it again when David is back in town.
Yummy dinner!
This weekend is going to be sooooo much fun!  I get to see my Bestie, April Anne, for the first time since 2011!  I can't believe it's been that long since we've seen each other.  We have Christmas and birthday presents to open!  :)  It is also homecoming week here in Pittsburg, and Sunday is Mr. Wyatt's baby dedication.  I can't wait to see my Hatcher family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment