Monday, August 20, 2012

Dinner, Dancing, and Party...Oh MY!

This past weekend was so much fun!

Friday night, Nick & I needed to go to The Butcher Shop in Longview to pick up some hamburgers for a Sunday School party we were having on Sunday.  So, we decided to make a family outing of it.  We asked Joe, Melanie, Tovah & Owen if they'd like to join us (Alan was out of the state on business).  So we all met up at The Butcher Shop to eat and visit.  We went over to Alan & Tovah's afterwards to visit a bit more and borrow their cooler (we forgot our's).  We got to see Owen work on his walking and play with his "ball"-cano.  It was super cute.  Didn't get any pictures though!

Saturday, Nick & I got the house mostly ready for our Sunday School party the following evening.  Then we headed to New Boston that evening to go to a Janie Frickie concert for Pioneer Days.  I'd never heard of her before, but my Mom liked her. :)  Nick & I were able to pull out our dance moves, and we had a great time!  We got to visit with my parents and Sister, and we ate the good salty chips with processed cheese that I can't pass up at a fair. :)  Oh, and we had some delicious cobbler as well.  Go VanDeavers!

Sunday, we had our first "Back to School" party for our Sunday School class at our house.  We set up tables in the backyard, had washers and horseshoe games, had the Kinect dancing game on for the kids (and David), grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, and had an all around good time.  I love getting to visit with them all.  I was able to get better aquatinted with a few families in our class that I'd never met before.  We found out we'll be adding to our numbers (someone's pregnant, but I don't know if they want it out on a public forum yet) which was all very exciting.  Can't wait to get to meet up with everyone again soon for some great fellowship!  I did take pictures of this even though! :)

Kelley making her's and Bailey's plates. :)
Friday!  One of my favorite people!
Keri & Haley. :)
Sweet friends - Chloe & Kenlie
Playing horseshoes
Lots of people!
The cute Bay-Bay and me.  This kid is awesome!
Playing washers.
Everyone getting ready to eat.
Our cooks!
Yummy food!
More of the group.
And even more!
Little Miss Naomi getting her groove on.
Trying to get a good shot of the kids...
It wasn't working...
And the numbers kept dwindling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment