Monday, February 27, 2012

Rockwall, New Boston, and Texarkana...Oh MY!!!

This weekend was soooo much fun!  Of course, I traveled all over northeast Texas, but it was an absolute blast!

I left work on Friday and headed to Rockwall to spend the evening and half of Saturday with one of my best friends (Kathryn) and her sister (Aryn) and best friend (Christi). :)  We got all cute-sie and went to eat at a restaurant in Highland Park called Patrizio's.  It was SUPER yummy.  We all had to sample each other's plates. :)  Even though it was a tad cold, we ate on the patio.  They had big heaters.  It was delightful.  After dinner, we headed to Studio Movie Grill to see This Means War with Reese Witherspoon.  I loved it!  We had to split up and sit two and two, but it worked out well.  Kat was awesome and got Groupons for all of us, so the movie plus a coke cost only $5!  Kat and I split an order of the chocolate chip cookies (that were made after we ordered them so they were warm and chewy) to go with our cokes.  I think Aryn and Christi did the same.  After the movie we headed back to the Risner's apartment.  We took a short detour through Firewheel Mall to show Aryn and Christi what it looked like.  We got back to the apartment around 12:30 am, then we all sat and talked for an hour or so.  We finally all got into bed around 2:00 am.  We woke up around 8:30 am and went to eat breakfast at this awesome little restaurant called The Fatted Calf that Kat wanted to take us too.  They make their own strawberry jam in house and it is bright pink!  Kat and I were going to buy some, but they are rationing it because the store was running low.  I'll have to go back and buy some when they have plenty.  We then went shopping at Belk (and all bought new boots for a fraction of the cost), Half Priced Books (Kat got some records), and Charming Charlies (I'm quickly becoming addicted). :)  I then had to head back home to visit family.


Eating at Patrizio's. :)

Yay! :)

Leaving to go shopping!

We were getting good at using the self-timer and flat surfaces of Kat's apartment.  Taken by the bar.

Taken by the desk. :)


Good friends!


More good friends! :)

My aunt, uncle, and cousins from Mississippi came to visit this weekend.  I headed home from Rockwall, stopped in Pittsburg to throw some laundry in the washing machine and pick up Satchel, then headed to New Boston.  My cousin, Emily, and her four girls, Peyton, Jayden, Mady and Charly, were staying with my parents.  We played Wii (Zumba and Just Dance 3), ate pizza, and watched a few episodes of The Big Bang Theory.  I then headed home, but I got some super cute pictures of the two youngest cousins.

Mady kept carrying Satchel around all night. :)

Aren't those two precious?!

Sweet little Charly.

Mady's got the silly faces down.

Action shot!

Sunday, Nick and I went to church, then headed straight to Texarkana to go celebrate my Mom's birthday.  We were going to go to Olive Garden, but there was an hour wait.  Instead, we went to Amigo Juan's.  My Aunt Trisha and Uncle Tom plus Emily and the girls were all able to join us for this as well.  Emily told the server that it was Mom's birthday.  She had to wear a sombrero while the waitstaff sang a birthday song to her.  :)  After dinner, we had to run to JCPenny's then we went back to New Boston for cake and present opening.  We all pitched in and got Mom a Pandora bracelet.  Dad got her the bracelet and a palm tree charm with gold coconuts on it (for their trip to Hawaii last year).  My sister got two clips for the bracelet, and we got her an elephant charm since she's a Republican. :)  My sister made her a strawberry cake (that was pink, no different color surprises this time) that was yummy.  :)  We then watched a few more episodes of The Big Bang Theory, then Nick and I headed home.  I finished laundry and Nick cooked us some dinner.  We were going to continue with our Sunday night ritual and watch Once Upon a Time, but the Academy Awards were showing.  :(  We watched a bit of the awards, then went to bed.


What is this?

A wrapped box inside of a giftbag.

YAY!  A Pandora bracelet!
Showing off her new bracelet.

Happy Birthday Momma!!!

I need a weekend to recoop from my weekend!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment