Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Rain, Davey Ramsey, and Tubes...Oh My!

Little man had a four hour nap one day!  The hair says it all.

Being the cutest thing during bath time.  He loves his baths! 

Nick got the flu toward the beginning of the month.  He was down for a few days, and by Friday, Nick decided Brayden and I needed to have a Mommy/Son date night.  I had had a long few days taking care of both of my boys, and then I went and burned dinner.  I wanted to cry, and Nick told me to head on out with Brayden, and he'd fend for himself.  Brayden LOVES cole slaw at 155 in Ore City.  So, we decided to go there.  He was cute as could be.  He wanted to sit in my lap to color, so, of course, I let him.  He enjoyed telling everyone around us "Hi" and ate more food than me.

The next day, Brayden and I headed to Texarkana to go hang out with Bibi, Harpo, and Sassy.  We went to the Texarkana Home & Garden Expo, and Brayden got to meet the Red River lion.  He was not too sure about it.  We went to some furniture places to look for Sassy some couches and what not.  We also went to Pizza Inn and Lowe's.  Overall, we had a great time!

Daylight Savings started and I bribed Brayden to be in a good mood at church by giving him doughnut holes.  :)

And, it's been raining....a lot.  We love the rain.  Truly, we do.  When you own a landscaping company, rain is a good thing.  However, so is sunshine.  We've been petitioning God for some sunshine as of late.  Brayden and I made sprinkle sugar cookies one evening to brighten up the day because it was so dreary and gray outside.

This is what Brayden does every time I cook dinner.  I love him dearly, and I'd love to hold him, but since he's 30 lbs, it's hard to hold him on one hip and cook.  Plus, I don't want him to get burned by anything on the stove.  I'll try and cherish the moments now, because I know there will be a day he doesn't want me to hold him anymore.

Nick and I had the privilege to go hear Dave Ramsey & Chris Hogan speak at EntreLeadership in Dallas on March 13th.  We went down the day before and treated ourselves to a nice dinner at Texas de Brazil.  We stayed across the street from the church so we were able to walk there the next day.  EntreLeadership is for small businesses.  It was AWESOME, and we both learned so much.  It has inspired Nick, and we are hoping this upcoming season will be our best yet.  We also had the opportunity to go to a small-ish (around 100 people) lunch Q&A with Dave & Chris.  We learned a lot from them in that short one hour lunch.

That weekend I did a little craft project with the help of the hubby.  I wanted a place to display Brayden's artwork from school.  Here's what I came up with.  Nick cut the wood from some leftover cedar he had, and I painted the words and hung the line.  The artwork is all Brayden. :)

We had a day of sunshine last week.  Brayden and I took advantage of it while we could.  He's looking so tall these days.  PJ and Friday gave us this little slide for our yard since their grands are too old to play on it anymore.  It has been a huge hit with Brayden.   He can climb up it on his own now, and he's working on sliding down by himself.  Too cute!

This past Friday (the 20th), Brayden finally got tubes.  He also had his adenoids removed.  The people at ETMC took great care of him.  I was very concerned because he was not allowed to eat after midnight the day of his surgery.  We were the first ones on the list, so we had to be there at 6:30am.  We got there (in the rain, of course), and they took us back.  He was supposed to go at 7:30am, but that time came and went.  The power had gone out the day before and not everything was quite ready for little man's surgery.  I was so worried he was going to be "hangry" due to no food since dinner the night before, but he, amazingly, did really well.  But they worked as quickly as possible, and he was headed back around 9:40am.  They came and got us right around 10:30am.  He did great, but didn't come out of the anesthesia very gracefully.  We got him home, and he took an hour nap before he'd even wake up for something to eat.  After that rough patch, though, everything seems to have worked great.  Sassy came up to spend the day with us, and help out with the little man.  He enjoyed her pancakes for lunch.  He took another nap that afternoon (around 2 and a half hours), and woke up feeling well.  Thanks everyone for the prayers!  I think this surgery will help solve all his ear infections and congestion problems.

 The next day, we went to celebrate my Dad's birthday.  Brayden helped him open presents.  We got him the newest Night at the Museum movie.  Sister got him a drone with a camera (nothing too sophisticated, but something fun we can play with)!  And Mom got him a saw he'd been wanting.  We went to eat at Big Jake's in Texarkana, and enjoyed spending time with each other.

I did my first ever Baptism on Sunday.  I was very nervous, but Chelsey and I got through it.  So proud of this sweet girl.  She was baptized on her 10th birthday!

We also had Movie Night at the church that night.  It was exhausting, but fun too.  We watched Big Hero 6 while the adults watched God's Not Dead.

Some cute random pictures from yesterday.  Brayden learned at his Bibi & Harpo's that it's fun to completely empty cabinets out.  And Brayden received this cute shirt from Don Don (our pastor's wife, Donna) on their trip to Germany over spring break.  It says, "I am Oma & Opa's little prince."  Hopefully, once Brayden really starts to talk, he'll call Nick's parents Oma & Joepa.  Donna saw it and decided Brayden needed it.

THE SUN IS SHINING, and we are working hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment