Tuesday, February 17, 2015

First Half of December...Oh My!

The first half of December was jam-packed and lots of fun!

Brayden had hot links for the first time and loved them!

Speaking of Brayden, he became very mobile (and is now running everywhere!).  The below picture is of Satchel barking to let me know the baby was on the move.  Satch no longer does this, but it was funny for a few days.

One day, I was having a particularly difficult day.  Things were just not going well, and everything that could go wrong that day, was.  My sweet husband brought me some hot chocolate in my "I Love You More Than Chocolate" mug.  He's such a great husband. :)

I had the trees up in the house for about 6 weeks this year.  They had been up at least two weeks and Brayden all of a sudden noticed them.  After that, the lower ornaments were doomed.  Thankfully, I had the foresight to only put shatterproof ornaments down low.  I had a small bowl with shatterproof ornaments on the ottoman.  Brayden would empty the bowl of those ornaments then go fill it up with ornaments from the Christmas tree.  Silly boy.

We had a great Christmas party with our Sunday school class.  We did White Elephant, which is always fun with this group of friends, and finger foods.





For my mom and mother-in-love's Christmas presents this year, we went a homemade route.  I made decorative plates with Brayden's footprint.  They all turned out so well.  I made one for myself as well.

Just a random cuddle picture.
One Sunday evening, Kids Academy had a Christmas program.  Brayden's class is too young, so they didn't participate.  But we attended because the kids were wearing jammies and taking pictures with Santa afterwards.  Didn't go well.  Bray isn't a fan of Santa this year.


Brayden is becoming increasingly difficult to shop with.  So, I'm having to learn to pick my battles and slow down a bit.  If he wants to push the cart, I let him.  If he wants to explore the drill bits at B&S, I let him (and make sure he doesn't stick any up his nose).

Nick, Brayden, Joe, and myself were joined by the McKenzie family, and we stood in line for two hours to see the KCS Holiday Train.  Very cool, but we probably won't do it every year it's here.  Brayden and Callen enjoyed it though!  Pictures are a bit scrambled, but I'm too lazy to fix it.








Just a cute pic of the kid. :)
One day at Brookshire's, Brayden really wanted to help check out.  This sweet lady, Angie, held him and let him push buttons.  I love living in a small town. :)

Brayden is MESMERIZED by The Grinch a la Jim Carey.  We have literally watched that 40 times since the beginning of Christmas season.  I believe we'll watch it year round.

We went out with my family to celebrate Nick's birthday on the 12th.  We ate at Fuji's, and hung out with family.  Brayden was being an absolute toot, and Sassy had to bribe him with videos of Mickey on her phone.  We followed dinner with a shopping trip to Target.


The next day, we celebrated Malachi's first birthday!  Sweet friends.  I'm so excited they get to grow up together.




That evening, Nick & I had a long overdue date night.  Joe & Melanie watched the munchkin, then we headed to Longview.  We had dinner at Outback then went and saw Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.  It was awesome, yet made me jump a lot (even though I've read the books and knew what was going on).  I told Nick as we were leaving the theater, "That was intense!  My heart is still beating fast."  Nick said, "Try having a heart condition!"  Poor guy.

Sunday, December 14th, was an extremely busy day for our family.  The day started out with the Christmas Cantata at church.  Callen took a nap during the singing.  I was impressed he could sleep in the pew like that.  We followed by a quick bite to eat and nap for Brayden.  Then we attended Carols & Bells.  I help with the younger bell choirs.  Following Carols & Bells, we had the Children's Sunday school teachers Christmas party.  We did a White Elephant game of board games (lots of fun) and finger foods.  We got home around 9:00.  We were all exhausted, but it was an awesome day that touched my heart and showed me how blessed we are to be a part of such an amazing church.

No comments:

Post a Comment