Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas, Two Month Appointment, and Friends...Oh My!

So, it's been a while since I've blogged.  That'll happen a lot more now, I'm guessing.

When I go grocery shopping these days, I take along my Baby Bjorn carrier and "wear" Brayden while I shop.  For one, car seats take up a lot of room in a cart.  Secondly, I feel like I can't walk more than 6 inches away from the cart if Brayden is in his car seat in the cart.  And lastly, Brayden does not like to be in his car seat if you aren't in a moving vehicle.  So, "wearing" him makes him happy, and, most times, makes him fall asleep.  He buries his face into my chest and naps most of the shopping trip.  I'm always concerned he can't breathe, but we've made it out alive every time so far.

Brayden is so fun in the morning.  Thank goodness because I'm not a morning person.  Since he's so cute, I can handle getting up early with him. :)

Nick's 26th birthday was on a Thursday.  We didn't do too much to celebrate, but we did go to Pete's with his parents.  I made Oreo balls because he loves those.  And Brayden and I gave him a new Cinch dress shirt.  I didn't get any pictures. :(

On December 20th, Brayden had his two-month check up and shots.  He did a good job, but it hurt my heart for him to get the shots and cry. :(  He's a big ole boy weighing in at 13 pounds 11 ounces (98th percentile), 25 inches long (97th percentile), and his head circumference was 16.5 inches.  He got vaccines for DTaP, Hepatitus B (HBV), HIB, Pneumococcal (PCV), Polio (IPV), and Rotavirus (RV).


Daily picture of this chubby boy and his precious cheeks!

Christmas day included A LOT of napping.  I guess Brayden was going through a growth spurt because he probably slept 20 hours Christmas day.  We had a phenomenal Christmas.  My parents and sister came to spend the night on Christmas Eve and spend all of Christmas Day with us.  Christmas Eve we ate lots of finger foods.  Christmas Day, Mom made monkey bread for breakfast, and Sister and I (mainly Sister) took care of lunch - ham, mac and cheese, baked beans, broccoli cheese casserole, corn casserole, rolls, and deviled eggs.  Yum!  It was fun to have Brayden's first Christmas, but I can't wait until next year and he'll be more excited about presents.  I think he thought we were crazy.  We all got lots of goodies.  Brayden got toys, clothes, money for his college fund,  books, movies, formula, a handmade quilt from Sassy (my sister), and some other items as well.  Nick & I both got lots of good things too.  I got jewelry, movies, clothes, candy, boots, and lots of other things.  I don't remember all Nick got.  We got my parents a family photo session.  When Brayden is a little older, we plan on having a full family session with Jessica Brummel at Treasured Moments.  I can't wait!













I got Nick a piece of the garage organization system he wants.  Hew as putting it together and said, "26 years old and still playing with Erector sets on Christmas!" I think he was excited.

December 26th, we had Christmas with Nick's family.  We got lots of good stuff there too.  We are so blessed!  Nick & I each got lots of things for camping.  Brayden got more toys, books, money for college fund, etc.  And, we gave Joe & Melanie a family photo session with Jessica as well.  I'm excited to have two photo shoots to look forward too next year.



Morning yawns and smiles.  Gah!  I can't get over how cute he is. :)

Nick's favorite place to eat in Pittsburg is a Mexican restaurant called Taqueria Daysi's y Mariscos (we call it Daysi's).  I had not eaten there because Mexican food made me extremely ill/nauseous while I was pregnant.  I told Nick I wanted to wait to try it until I was pass that.  So, we finally made it to Daysi's this weekend.  I had to snap this cute picture of Brayden in his "Elmer Fudd" hat. :)

Sunday evening, Casey and I took down all of the Christmas decorations at the Family Life Center at church.  She was carrying this Christmas tree, and I said, "Casey, you look like the Grinch that stole Christmas carrying that thing!"  She and I both laughed more than necessary. :)

After finishing up at the church, Nick, Brayden & I went over to the Mayben's for dinner.  Kenlie wanted to show me some of her Christmas presents in her room, and when I was going back downstairs, I saw this precious sight.  Keyton holding Brayden with the help of Nick.  I love these kids and can't wait for Brayden to grow up with them as role models. :)

I go back to work on Thursday. :(  I'm sad knowing that I'm about to have to start leaving my sweet boy with someone.  I know that his sitter will be great, but she's not me.  I'm really bad about randomly bursting into tears knowing this.  I've been getting as much baby cuddles as I possibly can.  Love this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment