Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pittsburg Baby Shower...Oh My!!!

I feel so loved and blessed!  Some of my best friends threw a baby shower for us in Pittsburg yesterday.  It was a GORGEOUS shower themed to fit for a little fisherman. :)

They had a full-size canoe there to hold the "boat-load" of gifts.  Very clever!  There were betas (yes live fish!), and lots of fishing themed items mainly from the Mayben's cabin.  The food was delicious, and I have to give props to Kristen for making little fishing cupcakes with fishing line and everything.

We had a lot of friends and family show up to celebrate and shower Brayden with gifts.  Nick joked that we needed to build onto the house now due to the amount of items we received.  I told him we just needed to purge some of our items now.  Ha!

We've started putting everything in its proper place and getting ready for Brayden's arrival.  I know we still have six and a half weeks, but it will be here before we know it.  Plus, he could always come early.  Depends on who he takes after...I always try to be 15 minutes early, and Nick always seems to be running behind or right on time. :)

Thank you to everyone who made this shower possible and for coming to celebrate this little life God has given us.  We are truly blessed!

Precious little sign-in table. 

This is where they put gifts once they were opened.  Guests also wrote a note on the diapers for Nick & I to read at our midnight diaper changings. :)

I still can't believe they brought a canoe in!


Food table.

Look at all those fish cupcakes!

Pam & Patsy visiting.

Katerina, Candace, and Linsey visiting and little Hayes. :)

Tovah, Kathy, and Jess visiting.

So excited to see one of my best friends, Kathryn!

Sister & I. :)

Kenlie was so excited to get to come to the baby shower.  And she had so much fun getting to sit with Sister during the gift opening. :) 
Aunt Ruth, Mitzie, Elissa, Melinda, Sharon, Pam, and Aunt Patsy visiting. 
Melinda and Sharon visiting.

Gift time!

This one is made by my Momma...


A photo album that I've already put all of Brayden's sonogram pictures in. :)

Kelley was awesome and helped me the entire time. 
We are so blessed!

Brayden is already loved.

Me & Sister

Me & Momma

Oh, how I love my crazy Momma. :)

Sister, Momma, me, and my Mother-in-Love

Some of my favorite girls/hostesses!  These ladies pulled together a phenomenal shower!  I love you all sooo much!

LtoR: Maegan McKenzie, Kathy Wilcox, Casey Mayben, Linsey Harwell, me, Jess Sullivan, Karrie Sullivan, Kelley Fink, Kristen Jernigan, and Chaynie Borum

No comments:

Post a Comment