Thursday, September 20, 2012

Homecoming, Hatcher's, & Bible Studies...OH MY!

Friday, September 14th, was homecoming and the start of Chickfest weekend!  Of course, we didn't go to much of Chickfest, but we did join in one of the festivities.  The bank I work for has an annual Ice Cream Social to kick off Chickfest.  So, I, of course, attended the social.  I even took Satchel with me.  My boss, Charlotte, asked me to bring him to entertain the kids that come over from the school.  It worked like a charm, and Satchel was tuckered out once we got done.

Getting ready for all the people.
These kids were PRECIOUS!
This girl was so cute and absolutely loved Satchel. :)
See. :)
That evening was Pittsburg's homecoming, and they were playing my alma mater. :)  I was torn between who to cheer for, so I chose neither.  However, I did wear a Pittsburg shirt, but visited with all of my friends from NB during half time and third quarter.  Nick & I got season tickets for the first time this year.  It's nice because we get to sit with our dear friends, the Fink's & the Mayben's.  The kids are just as much fun to watch as the actual football game (I'm sure the guys wouldn't agree).  Bailey was enjoying herself with her own personal La-Z-Boy during the game.  Keyton and I shared nachos, and we cheered on the Pirates (while I sang the NB fight song)!  It was a fun night.


Saturday morning, we got up bright and early to head to Weatherford to see my best friend and her family.  Wyatt was being dedicated at church that Sunday, and we wouldn't miss that for the world.  It was soooo good to see our Hatcher family.  We hung out all day Saturday.  Running errands, eating pizza, and exchanging Christmas & birthday presents (don't judge, that's the first time we'd seen each other in a long time).  Lots of friends and family attended the dedication then headed to April & Jimmy's to eat lunch.  We were able to catch up with lots of friends from college that we hadn't seen in a year or more.  It was nice.  And, we're actually going to get to spend this weekend with them again!  It's amazing!  Can't wait!
Cute "nephew" Wyatt.  He was trying to give Nick the cow.
Enthralled by the TV.
Like father like son.
I love my Bestie!
Some of our dearest friends!  I love them oh so much!
Tuesday, September 18th, our ladies' Bible study started to meet again for the fall semester.  We are doing a study called Unglued by Lysa Terkeurst.  So far, I LOVE it!  She's so funny and down to earth.  Can't wait to spend more time with those wonderful ladies and study the Word of God with them.

Wednesday, September 19th, we had our second Bible study of a series called The Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler.  This one is awesome as well.  I love the way he puts things into perspective.  I'm excited to have a time for the young adults in our church to have a time to come together and study.

Tomorrow, we leave after work to head to Weatherford again.  Some of our friends from college are expecting their first child, and her baby shower is Saturday.  We'll go to the shower then dash back to Pittsburg, so we can go to church Sunday morning.  I'm excited for this weekend, but not so excited to have to drive all that way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment