Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Strawberry Cake...OH MY!!!

This is a favorite recipe of anyone who has ever tried it.  This cake recipe comes from my Bestie, April Anne Hatcher!  She taught me how to make it when we lived in the 'Ville back in the good ole college days. :)  I asked for her permission to share this recipe on my blog because I have so many people ask for it.  She gave her blessing.  Thanks April Anne!  So, without further ado, here is the best strawberry cake you'll ever have!!!

Ingredients:
Cake:
White cake mix
1/2 c Sliced Strawberries, thawed
1/2 c Vegetable Oil
Strawberry Jello
4 Eggs
1/2 c Water

Frosting:
1 Stick Butter, melted
3/4 c Sliced Strawberries, thawed
Powdered Sugar


Cake Ingredients
Frosting Ingredients

Directions:
Cake:
1. Mix cake mix and strawberry jello mix together.


2. Mash up 1/2 c sliced strawberries, then add to cake and jello mix.   Also add water and oil.  Mix well.



3. Add eggs and mix well.



4.  Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 cake pan and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.  Turn cake 180 degrees at 15 minutes then continue to bake for 20 more minutes.
Cake after baking for 15 minutes.
Cake after baking for the final 20 minutes after turning.
5.  Make frosting while cake is in the oven.


Frosting:
1. Pour 3/4 c sliced strawberries into bowl and mash well.

2. Add melted butter and mix well.


3. Mix in powdered sugar in small increments until you get the desired consistency.  You can use as much or as little as you'd like.  I had to switch to a larger bowl in this step because my bowl was too small, and I was making a HUGE mess in my kitchen. :)

This is what the frosting looked like with only a small amount of powdered sugar. 
This was my final color and consistency. 
4. Poke holes into cake with a wooden skewer as soon as it comes out of the oven.

This is what my cake looks like before I pour on the frosting. 
5.  Pour frosting on the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven and the holes are poked.  Let it seep in and ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment