Saturday, March 3, 2012

Reclaimed Window = New Mantle Decor...Oh MY!

I got an idea from pinterest, and ran with it.  :)  As I've talked about previously, I was given 15 old windows!  I just needed one.  Well, of course, I went to pinterest, and found a few ideas of what I could do with a few of the others.  I came across this pin, and decided I NEEDED to do this.  I had a failed attempt the first time...  I tried to take a short cut, but it didn't work.  So, I peeled the first attempt off and tried again.  It worked this time. :)

The old window frame.  Clean it well to get as much residue off as possible, or you may end up with some imperfections... I did because I was too impatient to clean it again. :)

Love the details on this window. :)

What you'll need.  I sized the photo I chose in Photoshop then cropped each of them.  You'll also need gel medium, Mod Podge, and a paint brush.

I used Mod Podge to glue the picture to the window, then coated the top with gel medium.  Gel medium is super expensive, so I wanted to use as little as possible.  However, it has a great finish, so that's why it's on top of the photo.

Lay your squares out to ensure you put them on the frames in the correct order.

After I've Mod Podged and gel mediumed... yes, I just made those words verbs. :)

Finished product after it dried!  I LOVE it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment