Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Party #5, Christmas Cantata, and Nick turned 24...Oh MY!

Oh my, oh my.  We're getting ever closer to Christmas, and I couldn't be more excited.  Christmas is most definitely my favorite time of year.  All the Christmas music and the time spent with family.  It's such a joy.  :)

Saturday, December 17th, we had our fifth and final Christmas party (that I know of) of the season.  We had the ETMC Department Head Christmas Party over at Mitchell & Casey's house.  Lots of good food and fellowship.  No pictures.  Bad habit that needs to break.

Sunday, December 18th, our choir at church had our Christmas Cantata.  It went so well!  Everyone did an amazing job on their solos, and the instrumentalists were awesome.  I really enjoyed getting to sing with a great group of people.  I was asked to sing a solo, and was very excited to do so.  The song that was picked for me was called, "One King."  As Nick said, "It sounds like a princess song."  :)  I'll have to agree with him because the first time I listened to it, I thought of the movie Anastasia.  :)  I really enjoyed the song.  It was beautiful.  However, I did have to tell our music minister, Steve Sullivan, to never put me after Bill Gilbert again in a Cantata.  Bill did an AMAZING job on his song, and had the crowd completely engrossed.  It was a tough act to follow.  :)  I'm looking forward to next year's Christmas Cantata.  We had a big lunch afterwards catered by Big Kahunas.  I'm thoroughly enjoying BBQ now.  I was never much of a BBQ person when I was younger (ask my Dad), but now, I actually crave it occasionally.  Nick loves this new trend because he loves BBQ.   :)

Yesterday, December 19th, was my handsome husband's 24th birthday!  We celebrated in style...with Nick feeling under the weather.  :(  Poor guy, but he had an overall good day.  I woke-up early and made muffins for his birthday breakfast.  We both had to work, but he got to eat lunch with his parents, and a coworker of his made him a very yummy cake!  We then went to Catfish Village in Ore City for his birthday dinner.  Nick and I rode with Joe & Melanie and met my parents and sister there.  Our group can put away the fish!  I'm not a catfish eater, but the shrimp and hushpuppies were delectable.  :)  After we finished eating, Nick got to open his presents.  My sister got him the first four seasons of The Big Bang Theory and a "Bazinga" t-shirt.  Pretty awesome gift.  :)  And my parents and Nick's parents went in together and got us a combined birthday present.  We now have an awesome XBOX 360 with Kinect.  Nick set it up last night after we got home, and we played for about 30-45 minutes.  We had a blast.  The dogs were very confused, but it was a lot of fun.  :)  I took the camera, and forgot to take pictures...go figure!  But no worries, I'll try to take more pics of Christmas.  Thank you to our families for coming to celebrate with us!

Tonight, we are celebrating December/January birthdays with Nick's side of the family.  We are going to Country Tavern to eat ribs and BBQ.  I'll try to remember to take pictures, but I'm not positive that will happen.  We all know how consistent I am with pictures.  And by consistent, I mean completely inconsistent.  :)  Happy birthday (one day late) to an awesome husband!  I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment