Monday, October 19, 2015

Housewarming Party, Engagement Party, and New Kitties...Oh MY!!!

On September 25th, Brayden & I headed to New Boston to spend the night.  We were throwing a housewarming party for my sister the next day.  Bray spent the night with Bibi & Harpo while I helped my Sister get the house cleaned and ready.  We had a smorgasbord of yummy food for the guests.  My sister made those adorable edible buttons.  We had some great hostesses to help us.  And I drew the sign-in canvas.  I drew the house from Up, and then people used ink to put their thumb-prints for the balloons.  They put their initial next to their thumb.  I loved the way it turned out!  She had a lot of people visit to see all the hard work she has put in.  It was a great party!


That evening, Joe & Melanie watched Bray for us while we went to an engagement party for these two lovebirds.  Kassidy is our youth minister and his sweet bride-to-be is CheyAnne.  Kassidy has become like a little brother since I've started working at the church.  I'm so excited for these two and can't wait for their wedding!

So, we got new kitties.  A few weeks back, we got a white cat from the Gilberts and named her Aslan (from The Chronicles of Narnia).  Well, she didn't last a night at our house.  We ended up taking her back to their house thinking she was just too small to be away from family.  Bill had found out about a littler of cats that a lady was wanting to get rid of.  We wanted two, so I got these little ones.  I have to admit, I've wanted to name a cat "Aslan" forever, so I wasn't about to pass that up again.  So, the Siamese got the name Aslan, and the black and white is named Crookshanks (from Harry Potter).  Aslan lasted a week with us, and we've not seen her since.  Crookshanks seems to like us and is sticking around.  The Gilberts still have Aslan #1, so we may go try and catch her so Crookshanks has some company.  Brayden loves Crookshanks!  And she's so good with him.  She lets him man handle her, and he can't get enough of her!






Just being silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment