Monday, September 16, 2013

Pop-up, Beth Moore, and Family...Oh My!

Friday night, I headed to New Boston to spend the night at my parents' house.  I was attending the Beth Moore Simulcast the next day at FBC New Boston and didn't want to have to leave Pittsburg at 6:30 in the morning to get there in time.  So, I visited with Sister & Mom while they prepared desserts and strawberry lemonade (yum!).  I watched some old favorites with Dad, The Absent Minded Professor and Oh Brother Where Art Thou?.  And we just had a good time.  The Simulcast was wonderful!  Sister took the below picture of the event and Rick posted this link to some more pictures.  I enjoyed getting to see a lot of people from home. 

While I was in New Boston, Nick was headed to Waco with his mom.  They were going to look at a pop-up for Nick & I that we had found on Craig's List.  I am excited to say that we are now proud owners of a 2005 Fleetwood Bayside camper!  Nick had it set up at his parents' house on Saturday when I got back into town for me to look at.  Joe & Melanie have a place for us to plug it in so we could have air conditioning. :)  We are planning on going camping for Thanksgiving this year.  This is something my mother-in-love, Melanie, has always wanted to do.  Since I'll be on maternity leave, we figured we'd join in as well.  Nick & I have been wanting a camper, and we thought this was the best place to start.  It has everything we need plus room for a pack n' play for Brayden. :)  Can't wait to try it out in a few weeks!  Some say I'm crazy for wanting to take a newborn camping, and I may be.  If I'm not feeling up to it the closer we get to Thanksgiving, I won't do it.  But, as of right now, I think it will be a blast.  If we do decided to go, get there, and I'm having a miserable time, we won't be far from home (~30 minutes), so I can easily come home if I need too.

Sunday, Nick & I spent the whole day doing our own forms of "nesting."  Nick cleaned out the garage to make room for the new camper.  And I washed, sorted, folded, put away, and anything else you can think of with gifts from our Pittsburg shower.  Later in the afternoon, we got a phone call from Nick's brother, Alan.  He and Tovah wanted to come see the camper.  So they came on down, and we all looked at it again.  We all went to eat dinner at Braum's afterwards.  Then Nick & I headed home and worked some more on my nesting. :)

We had a great weekend, and this upcoming weekend is our New Boston shower.  I'm really excited and can't wait to see everyone!  I've also seen my maternity pictures and can't wait to share them with everyone.  I'll blog about them as soon as I get the disc. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment