Monday, July 22, 2013

An Update...Oh My!

I've been fairly quite on the blog front as of late.  That's all because we haven't really done much.  We had such a busy June, that Nick & I decided we needed a few weekends downtime. 

The weekend of the 13th, we did absolutely nothing.  We vegged out, watched TV, and we may have ventured out of the house to eat hot links at some point during the day, but other than that, we didn't do much.

I've had a super cute wreath hanging on our front door since March.  I've been meaning to make a new one to hang, but I've not had the energy.  I finally decided that it was time for the Easter/Spring wreath to come down on July 15th. :)  I really like the way it turned out.  The picture doesn't show the colors too well, but it's white and Tarleton purple on burlap.  I free handed an "R" onto burlap.  Cut out two, painted one, sewed them together, and stuffed it with old Wal-Mart sacks.  I've had three people request me to make them one, but I've had to decline.  It took me almost 3 months to get up enough energy to do this one.  I don't think I'll have time since I'm starting to really work on nursery items.

Nick's parents and aunt left for vacation on Friday.  We went and had dinner with them Thursday before they left.  I, being the pregnant one, got to choose where we ate.  We had IHOP, visited lots, then all headed back home.  Even though I'm jealous, I hope they have a great time in Creede.

This past weekend, my parents, Sister, and Ranger came to visit.  They spent Friday night with us, we had breakfast at the hot link joint, then we all hung-out at the house all day.  Again, we didn't do much but watch TV and visit.  Nick smoked some ribs and pork loin.  He did a great job and all was really yummy!  Sister took some furniture back with her, and we are slowly getting Brayden's room ready.  I had originally asked if they would help paint some furniture and do some projects for the nursery, but I decided it was better for us to just all relax.  The pups were worn smooth out after everyone left.  They slept the rest of the evening Saturday and most of Sunday.
They were useless.
I got this super cute picture of Tex though.  He used his paws and pulled the blanket up under his head for a pillow.
How can such a tiny puppy take up so much room??
We hung out with the Maybens, Finks, and Borums Sunday night.  And now, we're back full swing into another work week.  I may actually work on getting some things accomplished this upcoming weekend, but we shall see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment