Friday, May 10, 2013

needtobreathe, Canton, and Satchel...Oh My!

Haven't blogged in a while.  I've been keeping up with my "Second Trimester" blog, but that won't post until July.  So, I figured I'd update everyone on what has been going on in our lives the past few weeks.

Sister & I met up with some friends on Saturday, April 27th, for my fourth time to see needtobreathe.  It was A LOT of fun.  It was at the Palladium in Dallas this time around.  I prefer House of Blues, but you go where the band goes, I guess. :)  Tori & Hannah flew in from Oklahoma and Arizona for this concert.  You read that right.  Needtobreathe is one of their favorite bands too.  Sister picked them up from the airport while I napped at the hotel.  We ate El Fenix for dinner, then headed to the Palladium.  Thank goodness Sister had priority access, meaning two of us got to go in before everyone else.  It was a standing room only concert, and the line was literally WRAPPED around the building when we got there.  Sister & I were able to go in with about 45 other people before the masses came.  Hannah & Tori had to go to the end of the line, but we held them places.  Sister held down two spots at the very front of the room (for H & T) while I held two spots towards the back.  We were still able to see the stage perfectly, were raised about a foot and half from the crowd, AND I had a spot to lean/sit down when needed.  Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors opened for them.  We saw Drew Holcomb (minus the Neighbors) at the concert in Longview, but the whole band was able to join this time.  They did a good job.  Needtobreathe was, of course, fantastic!  I love them more and more each concert I go too.  We headed back to the hotel once the concert was over.  We all crashed.  Tori & Hannah had to be up early the next day to take the shuttle back to the airport.  I slept in then Sister & I headed to meet up with some friends of our's from high school, April & Lance (and their little one Addison), for lunch.  I got to cuddle with Addison, and we ate at BJ's Brewhouse, super yummy!  On the ride home, we stopped for shaved ice for the second time on the trip at Bahama Bucks in Rockwall.  We had a great, albeit exhausting, weekend.








After we got home on Sunday, I lounged on the back porch with Nick while the puppies were running around.  Satchel was happy I was home.

The next weekend, Sister, Mom, & Sarah came to spend the night and go to Canton.  Nick & I met up with them and my Dad at Pete's for dinner.  After dinner, Dad headed toward Dallas, and the rest of us went toward home.  We got up early the next morning and headed to shop till we drop.  I got some good Tarleton items for the kitchen, and some fun ideas for future nursery.  Everyone else stocked up as well.  We wandered through the "junk" section during the morning, and Sarah kept getting odd items (bowling pins, anyone?).  We'd ask her, "What are you going to do with that?"  She'd reply, "I don't know, but it looks cool." :)  We had a picnic lunch followed by more shopping.  We headed back to Pittsburg.  Mom, Sister, & Sarah picked up Ranger, rearranged the car so Mom could fit in with them, left a few things in our garage that wouldn't fit, and headed back to New Boston.  Nick & I got ready to head out to the winery for Casey's birthday celebration.  We got to sit in the back room which we've never done before.  We all greatly enjoyed it and hope we can do it again soon.  
Told Nick I was going to get the waders on the right to go hunting with him.  He figured they wouldn't work very well at blending in with our surroundings.
New store I love at Canton...Iron Willow.  Sister is a rebel and snapped this picture even though she wasn't supposed too.  No worries, we don't intend to reproduce, I just wanted to show it to Nick for a nursery if this is a boy. :)
We were supposed to go to the winery with my family to celebrate Mother's Day tonight, but Sister is getting sickly.  We figured it'd be best for her to rest and recoup at home.  I'll still get to see them Sunday though.  Now on to a fun weekend full of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment