Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July...Oh My!

The fourth of July this year was celebrated with all of my family!

Nick woke up early and smoked a brisket for lunch.  Alan, Tovah, Owen, Melanie & Joe all came over for lunch.  It was potluck and we feasted in style.  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures other than of the cake I made.  I know, awful me...  However, the cake was delicious and quite fun to look at once you cut into it.  The instructions for the cake are on Glorious Treats' blog.  The icing was homemade as well.  The directions for the icing are below the picture. :)


Ingredients:
2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup heavy whipping cream (cold)

Directions:
Whip everything together and apply to cake.  It's yummy.

I left around 3:00 PM to head to Lakeview Baptist Camp in Lone Star.  My sister is a G.A. camp director and their camp took place this week.  My little cousin, Mady, from Mississippi, came to the camp this year.  She was taking a nap when I got there.  She was exhausted from all the go, go, go of camp, and needed to rest for a bit.  My sister and I hung out for the rest of the afternoon and most of the evening.  My parents came and joined us around 6:00 for hot dogs and watermelon.  I took Satchel with me because all of the girls at camp absolutely LOVE him.  He was still exhausted this morning.  We had a great time.

Mady getting ready to go down for hot dogs and watermelon.
Best buds...
Dad with Mady & Satchel. :)
The feast!
Nice lake view...
It was a fun evening!

Afterwards, my parents followed me to Pittsburg to go see the Fireworks.  I love the fourth.  It is quite possibly my second favorite holiday (following only Christmas).  Thank you to our service men and women who have fought and died for our country's freedom.  I'm most grateful to be an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment