Friday, May 11, 2012

Kendall Wright, Container Plants, & Christmas Lights...Oh my!

I'm trying out my new blogger app on my phone. I have no idea how this will post, so bear with me. :)

Tuesday evening, Nick & I attended the "Key-to-the-City" Ceremony for Pittsburg's own Kendall Wright. It was originally supposed to be at Pirate stadium, but was moved to the auditorium because of rain (not complaining because we need the rain badly!). It is awesome to have an NFL player that was born and raised in Pittsburg. He was picked 20th in the first round of the NFL draft this year. He was picked by the Tennessee Titans. Everyone in Pittsburg is so proud of him. The auditorium was packed! The high school band played the National Anthem, fight song, and school song. The Varsity cheerleaders did a couple of cheers. The Mayor presented the key to the city to Kendall. A representative from Brian Hughes office presented a flag that has flown over the state of Texas. May 8th was proclaimed to be Kendall Wright Day in Pittsburg. And the athletic department retired his football number. Nick & I didn't stand in line for pictures and autographs, but Tovah did and Owen was able to get a picture with Kendall. It was an awesome ceremony, and we can't wait to see what you'll do in the NFL Kendall! (All pictures courtesy of Tovah's facebook :).
Mayor Shawn Kennington presenting Kendall with the Key to the City.

Cheerleaders cheering for Kendall.
Kendall and his retired jersey.  He will forever be #1 in Pittsburg!

Representative from Brian Hughes office presenting Kendall with his flag.

Kendall at the ceremony!
The nephew with Kendall.
Thursday evening, Nick & I decided to do a little planting. We made a trip to Home Depot and Wal-Mart, and two hours later we arrived home with a planter, plants, and potting soil. Nick did a WONDERFUL job! It's so cheery!  He planted while I made dinner.  The shopping made me super hungry.  :)
Our pretty new container plant!
Friday has been a good, relaxing evening. I made a new recipe. It was a sausage and tortellini recipe I found online at this site. Amazingly enough, it wasn't through Pinterest! Haha. Anyways, after dinner, Nick suggested we should sit on the back porch and listen to it rain. I was all for that plan! As we were sitting there, Nick saw the Christmas lights sitting in the corner that we've been meaning to hang on the porch. He said, "I think I'm going to hang those up!" I told him to go for it! We're now discussing buying new bulbs in different colors. It's going to be awesome if we do it!

Hubby hanging lights!
Tomorrow, I'm headed to NB to spend the weekend with my beautiful Momma for Mother's Day. She, my sister, and I will be going to see The Avengers. Super duper excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment